Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sketches

A quick sketch of my keys, given about 5 minutes to draw, I am pleased with the outcome. With more time, better shading and proportions would be added.

Drawn on a basic white square napkin with a thin Sharpie, this sketch of my dorm room allowed my to practice drawing a room proportionately in an aerial view. I enjoyed doing this sketch because I felt like I was a designer about to redesign the room.
 Sketching a chair may seem simple, but when I drew the chair in multiple angles, I was introduced to looking at objects in a different perspective. The end result was good, I learned that I need to draw proportionately and understand different angles of objects.

This sketch's goal was to draw fruit with the shading technique, crosshatch. This technique required strokes with graphite going horizontal was well a vertical instead of just basic shading.

For 15 minutes, I sat and created this mind map by starting of in the center with an element of design I admired most. From the word creativity, I branched out in several different directions and wrote what came to my mind, and pictures to go along with those words. This sketch allowed me to reminisce on all my favorite parts of design, starting with creativity.



Drawing a still life is one of  my favorite things to draw, I get to capture the objects exactly as they are. I am very pleased with the outcome of this drawing and liked drawing the unique details inside each piece of fruit.
Figure drawing I learned is important when drawing in perspective to show scale and proportion. Only outlining and adding minimal detail is when figure drawing is the most effective.
Shading and drawing negative space were the skills practiced in this drawing. There is more detail in my drawing that the scanner did not pick up.

Drawing on black paper with color pencil was a challenge because it required applying a lot of pressure and technique to show up the way I wanted it to on the paper.
By starting with a simple sketch in ink and grasping the basic shadowing that occurs from a window, I was able to further develop my skill in adding darker detail to show shape and shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment